Chicago! DTLR and Jordan are embracing the spirit of the season in an unexpected way: by hosting a special Holiday experience inspired by the Air Jordan Retro 11 “Varsity Red”
DTLR and Jordan’s “Family Ties” promotion will spread sneakerhead cheer to selected DTLR Trendsetters Reward Program members and up to six members of their family!
Chosen families will sit for a private holiday-themed photography session and take home a print of their favorite shot in a custom holiday frame!
Best of all, each family member will receive a pair of the Air Jordan 11 “Varsity Red” courtesy of DTLR and Jordan!
Use the form below to enter now for your chance to win!
Participating families will experience the following:
•An Invitation to participate in a family portrait experience with Jordan brand and DTLR, no purchase necessary.
•Receive a private photo shoot session with their family members for the holidays.
•The family will receive a photo free print and custom holiday frame.
•The Family will receive Jordan 11 pairs for the entire family courtesy of DTLR and Jordan. (Up to six in full family sizing)
Terms of Service
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
· Must follow the instructions and comply with these Official Rules;
· Must comply with the applicable social media platform’s Terms of Service;
· Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights;
· Must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion or administration of this Contest;
· Must not contain an image, photo, video, audio recording, artwork, or any other content that is not the original work of the Entrant or another person who assigned all right to the Entrant in regards to such image, photo, video, audio recording, artwork, or content;
· Must not include personally identifiable information, such as phone numbers or other identifiers relating to an individual (other than the individual’s image);
· Must only include images of Entrant or other individuals who have given the Entrant express permission to use their image in the Contest;
· Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion);
· Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion);
· Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and · Must not contain material that is unlawful, or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of any area where the Submission is created. NOTE: By submitting a Submission, each Entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions set forth above and that Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify Entrant from the Contest if Sponsor decides that Entrant’s Submission fails to conform to such requirements or any other provision of these Official Rules.
Each Entrant further agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, and the entities that own the brands received as a Prize (“Contest Entities”) from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any Submission. Although each Submission will be reviewed by the Sponsor before being judged, this does not mean the Submission has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Any Submission that does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified, and if posted on the DTLR website or any websites related to this Contest, removed therefrom.
Licenses: By entering a Submission, Entrant gives and consents to give, Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish or create derivative works from and display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the nonexclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. This license expressly includes a right (but not the obligation) for Sponsor to modify submissions to remove, blur, or otherwise edit any third party intellectual property. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter any Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
Sponsor grants each Entrant a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use Sponsor’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s IP”) for the sole purpose of entering this Contest. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Entrants recognize that all right, title and interest in Sponsor’s IP shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and Entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in or to the Sponsor’s IP, except for the limited license granted to Entrant in this Paragraph, are transferred or created. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s IP in any forum. Entrant agrees that the use of Sponsor’s IP is permitted only for the purpose of making a Submission in this Contest, and that any use of Sponsor’s IP (whether in the Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
5. JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION: Submissions received during a Contest Period will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of Sponsor employees and Sponsor’s third party marketing and brand teams (“Judges”). The Judges will score each eligible Submission according to the following weighted judging criteria: (1) “Originality” – 25%, (2) “Creativity” – 25%, (3) “Relevance to Contest theme” – 25% and (4) “Public Appeal” – 25%. The Entrants with the highest score from the Judges will be deemed the potential Prize Winners. Each winner is deemed a potential winner subject to verification of the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Prize pack valued at $2,000 per family.
Prize Conditions: Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and no substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash, nor may they be transferred or offered for sale or auction, and can be substituted only at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, with a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of a Prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and neither the Sponsor nor any of the Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of a Prize for any reason. All applicable federal, state, local taxes, and all other fees, costs, expenses and charges not specifically identified in these Official Rules as a Prize element, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
Odds: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries. If the winner does not respond to claim the Prize within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be selected in the Entrant’s place at random from all of the entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Each winner’s name, photograph, and/or Submission may be posted on the www.dtlr.com website and/or social media.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Distribution of Prizes is subject to confirmation of eligibility of winning Entrant.
Prize Winner: Prize Winners must respond to the e-mail announcement or phone call to receive the applicable Prize. In addition, the individual who wins the Prize and their family will be required to attend a photo shoot at the DTLR 87th & Dan Ryan store location on Friday, December 9, 2022.
8. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Entrant and the Sponsor and Contest Entities is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to provide the Entrant’s Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest does not place the Sponsor or Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s Submission. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor and Contest Entities have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas and designs are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees and agents. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas, designs or photos may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Sponsor or Contest Entity's use of any such competitive, similar or identical material.
10. DATES & DEADLINES/ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF ENTRANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.
11. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsor desires to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Submission, or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each Entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor, Contest Entities, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/page/usenet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any page users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to the page or any Contest-related website(s). The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize.
The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Submissions that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any Submissions in excess of the stated limit or for Submissions that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Submissions may, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, a Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as a Submission in the Contest, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to enter the Contest again by uploading another Submission. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of Prize Winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of Prize Winners from among eligible Submissions received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of Entrant’s rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including, but not limited to, any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s Submission, participation or inability to participate in the Contest; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Contest materials; (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (e) any change in the Prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, pandemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Contest; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Submission (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof); (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the page or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant; (j) interruption of or inability to access the Contest, the page or any other Contest-related website(s) or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Contest and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions; (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Submission; (n) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE DTLR CONTEST PAGE LOCATED AT DTLR.COM AND ALL PRIZE COMPONENTS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
13. DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND USA, AND THE EXCLUSIVE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN MARYLAND, USA. IF ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MARYLAND, USA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN MARYLAND USA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND BY ENTRANT FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED. THE ENTRANT AND RELEASED PARTIES AGREE TO ARBITRATE SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT PERMIT CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING. IN THE EVENT THE PROHIBITION ON CLASS ARBITRATION IS DEEMED INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THIS SECTION 13 WILL REMAIN IN FORCE.
15. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, each Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos, videos, entries, and/or likeness, and statements for Contest, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
16. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of Prize Winners, the winning entry will be declared based on the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the Contest or, where applicable, associated with the Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook account used to submit the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same.
CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, A WEBSITE PAGE FEATURING THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
Tweet and Twitter are registered trademarks of Twitter, Inc.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., or Instagram, Inc.